Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Thurday Ashgove run

15.5k 1:22:45. HR Avg 141 Max 158 Avg Pace 5:20
Course: Ashgrove Cycle Path.
Start Time: 6:15am Temp 26C.
Session Type: Sub 72%MxHR Easy Run

Planned to do around 15k this morning, so got up a little earlier. Lucky I did as it was a bit warmer this morning and also this run along the Ashgrove cycle path had less shade than the one at the Gap I usually do. Took it nice and easy.

My music players display came good after a few hours yesterday and I'm sure it was just moisture that got into it. Yesterday I went out and bought a armband pouch to put it in. It is made of neoprene and claims to be water resistant but by the end of this mornings run it was soaked in sweat but the player was fine. I listened to "Summerteeth" by Wilco and then a selection of songs from The Jam which are still sounding good close to 30 years on.

2 Comments:

  • At Thu Dec 22, 02:17:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    I have never listened to music while running Robert Song. I am concerned that I would not hear traffic or warning sounds. I like to be able to hear if anything is coming up behind me as much in advance as possible.

     
  • At Fri Dec 23, 08:15:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    All the best for Christmas and the new year 'Robert'.

    I don't know how you can do distance running up there in this heat! At least we have cooler mornings and evenings down south.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home