Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Saturday Long Run

30.6k 2:49:38. HR Avg 138 Max 159 Avg Pace 5:32
Course: To Newmarket and Back, then Gap Cycle Path.
Start Time: 4:30 am Temp 24 - 27C.
Session Type: Long Run

It was so hot yesterday and with higher temperatures predicted for today decided I would have to get up real early for my long run today. Woken by the alarm at 4:00am, had a cup of coffee and was out the door by 4:30. It was still 24C at this time of the morning but very pleasent running especially when you see the sunrise.

Headed out towards Newmarket along the cycle path and turned around at just over 9.6K and headed back home. This took 1:46:14. Stopped at home for a large drink of Gatorade and then headed out(minus my singlet which was just soaked through) along the Gap Cycle path. This loop took 59:52. This is a lovely mostly shaded course and is certainly the coolest place to run in my area.

Very pleased with the run. Legs held up really well right to the end.

I put my music player in a plastic bag before putting it in my new arm pouch and it worked a treat. (Thanks Tesso for the tip). The pouch was soaked with sweat but the player was dry as a bone. Managed to nearly get through all the music on my player today. "summerteeth" by Wilco gets better with each play.

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Dec 24, 03:59:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Wow, a 4:30 start for you!!! I wasn't far behind you, on the road about 20 mins later. It was a bit warm, not to mention the humidity was 88% at 5am.

    Hope you and the familty have a wonderful Christmas. All the best for a fantastic 2006 full of great running and great music.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home