Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, October 10, 2005

Monday Back on the beat

7k 32:07. HR Avg 149 Max 169 Avg Pace 4:35
Course: Work to New Farm Park and Back.
Start Time: 5:10 pm Temp 25C.
Session Type: Trial Run

Music started with "The Magnificent Seven" by The Clash ( How can you go past a song with a lyric like "Vacuum cleaner sucks up budgie")
ended with "Doris" by Docteur Nico (Legendary Congolese Guitarist from album MERVEILLES DU PASSE 1966/67/68.

Foot is feeling fine, so was going to give it a test tonight with a 7k run. Started off slowily, just to make sure there was no problems, which there wasn't. Then slowily worked up to a decent pace. Out in 16:26 (AvgHR 138) and back in 15:41 (Hr 160). This is the fastest I have run since the GC Half and probably was a little over the top for a comeback test but the foot was no problem and the legs were fresh.

If only I hadn't felt stiffness in the back all day. Felt it getting out of the car when arriving at work. As I sit down most of the day it didn't worry me much, but it is a bit uncomfortable getting up if I am lying down or twisting. My Wife gave my back a massage tonight and that has helped. As well the ice pack has moved from the foot to the back. But at least this won't stop me from running. (Cross fingers).

1 Comments:

  • At Tue Oct 11, 06:39:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Good news about the foot. Bad news about the back tho. Hope you're ok for the 25k on Sunday.

    Lately I've been loading some complete albums for my runs too, like you mentioned in an earlier blog entry. Its fun listening to stuff that hasn't left the shelf for years.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home