Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Triple Treat Sundae

20.6k 1:52:04. HR Avg 140 Max 156
Course: 3 laps of Home to end of Cycle Path.
Start Time: 6:20 am Temp 19C - 26C.
Session Type: Conditioning Long Run

Up and away early (for me). Definetly not a morning person although it is certainly nicer running when its cooler. Decided to do three laps of my Cycle Path run. Have been a little concerned with occasional twinges I've been getting in my left hip, so chose the laps over an "out and back" course so I could pull out if I had any problems. Luckily I had no problem with the hip. The laps are also a nice little mental challenge.

Managed a pretty even pace (around 5:15) over the whole distance. What the laps also allowed me to try for the first time ever was an energy gel at the end of the second lap. Took me about thirty seconds to open the damned thing (looks like more work on the upper body strength required) and ended up with very sticky hands. It had no adverse reaction from my stomach but hard to determine if it had any positive effect on performance.

The last four weeks I have done 205k. Hopefully I can do a little more than that in next four weeks and then set some target races and get into some faster running. All the chatter from other bloggers on races like Canberra is making me itch. But must remain patient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home