Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Papa Wemba and the Stationary Bike

35:00. HR Avg 129 Max 158
Course: Work Gym
Start Time: 1:10pm.
Session Type: Gym Bike session.

A 10 minute weights session and then 35 minutes on the gym bike. Did a set of five 1k intervals with 1k rest after each.

The thing I most enjoy about the Gym bike sessions is that I listen to my music player. This is something I never do when running. All this year I have been listening to some early 80's music from an African artist called Papa Wemba (from Zaire) in these sessions. I find this music perfect for exercise and dancing. I stimulates me mentally and physically.

In fact my digital music player (a Nex II) purchased June 2002 was an important factor at the beginning of this "The Age of the Phoenix". Maybe over Easter would be an appropriate time to tell that story of that Age and "The Barren Years" that preceded it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home