Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, July 12, 2010

Recovery Week

All easy running last week to recover from the Half Marathon.  Still by Sunday I felt up to 25k. That made a total 76k for the week which is not bad for a recovery week.

Entry is in for the Brisbane Marathon on 1st August which is just three weeks away. So in the next two weeks I will be trying to up the mileage again including a couple of runs over 30k. And then a one week taper.

With the World Cup now over, it will be nice to get back to a normal sleeping / training pattern. That is unless I get sucked into watching to much Tour De France.

3 Comments:

  • At Wed July 14, 02:33:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good luck with the last of the prep for Brisbane. Based on your "small" recovery week, I'd say it'll go fine!

    Stayed up last night to watch the Tour...... only to be bitterly disappointed to be (seemingly) correct about the podium.

     
  • At Thu July 15, 07:37:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    The TdF will be getting to me! Did you see Cadel blamed lack of sleep (due to his sore elbow) for his poor stage?

    Anyway, all the best with the last long runs.

     
  • At Tue July 20, 01:46:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    TdF trouble here too! I hope you have a great run on August 1st but get some extra sleep beforehand!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home