Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, June 21, 2010

Triple treat

Well my third 100 K week in a row. This one was quite different from the last two. I am on leave so have been running from home and because of the hilly nature around my way, any run is more of a challenge than my normal flat as a pancake runs by the river.  It also was more difficult juggling a time for my long run. The Australia - Ghana match was on at midnight Saturday night, so I didn't fancy getting up early Sunday morning for that, so settled on running on Saturday afternoon but had to start at 2:30pm in order to get the 31.5k in before it got dark. I think it has been a good achievement to be able to keep up the training and to see every World Cup game so far. But boy am I getting tired. Will have to be careful not to get run down.

4 Comments:

  • At Tue June 22, 04:51:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Congrats on the streak, but be careful not to catch the Scott Brown virus.

    Go the All Whites!

     
  • At Tue June 22, 09:20:00 pm AEST, Blogger speedygeoff said…

    Yes for the first time I remember I want the kiwis to flog all opposition especially Italy (if they meet again)

     
  • At Wed June 23, 05:10:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Every game? That's a marathon effort! It'll be like you're working night shift soon!

    Yes, as much as I hate to admit it, the time might be right to support "Australasia"......

     
  • At Wed June 23, 07:52:00 pm AEST, Blogger Samurai Running said…

    I know exactly how you feel Robert Song. Now if you were also building an extention to your house at the same time I'd be really impressed.

    "Keep on keeping on."

    Ewen, don't worry, you can't catch "stupidity"!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home