Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, October 02, 2009

I'm going to Light The Night



Next Thursday 8th October the Leukaemia Foundation is running the Light The Night Walk in locations all across Australia.


As you know I was diagnosed with a Lymphoma (a blood cancer) in August. On commencement of my chemotherapy, I was advised by my clinic to contact The Leukaemia Foundation and have been amazed by their wonderful support for me and my family. They do such good work and I see this event as a way for me to help support them.

Please help the Light the Night by making a donation towards my fundraising.

We'll carry coloured balloons each with a tiny light inside.

With your help we can do something good; raising vital funds for patients and families living with blood cancers, such as leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma.

The money I raise will be invested in critical research into better treatments and hopefully cures, as well as supporting patients during their long and tough treatment.

Remember, celebrate and give hope at Light the Night by making a donation.


Make a Donation here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home