Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Here Comes The Flood

Tues 5th Feb

6.5k 30:41 @ 4:43 HR 153.
Third day in a row of running in the rain now and it was quite heavy. There was another 42 mm in the rain guage this morning. It has now got to the point where even along the cycle path where I have been running that large puddles are becoming permanent features. As well this morning, the creek had risen enough to be 15cm over the top of the path where it crossed the creek. This made for 10 metres of splashing to get across. It took me back to my days in the steeplechase on the track. As it is an out and back course, I had to negotiate this twice and it was certainly deeper on the way back.

That's about as fast as I want to go right now. The leg seems to have held up. Aim now is to start increasing the distance at a slower pace.


Here is another Congolese video. This time a live performance by Bella Bella from the early 80s including some terrific if somewhat badly dressed dancers.

5 Comments:

  • At Tue Feb 05, 08:58:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    Goodness me Robert Song, you pack so much into your Blog my poor old PC just about suffers a hernia trying to load it.

    I don't mind geeting wet from above while running but sloshing through water is not nice.

     
  • At Wed Feb 06, 08:18:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    No rain this morn ... yet. Funny, the one puddle we encountered we kind of tip-toed around. Unlike yesterday when there where heaps and it was splat-bang straight through the middle!

     
  • At Wed Feb 06, 12:41:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ok, so today there were some clouds, but the rain all went somewhere to the east of South Australia. I forget what it's like to get wet feet (you watch, winter is going to bite me for that comment)!

     
  • At Wed Feb 06, 05:14:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Ah... the steeplechase. At 60 we get to use the 'girly' heights :)

    I agree - those red strides are a bit much.

     
  • At Fri Feb 08, 10:41:00 pm AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i hope you're being more considerate of your wife than mr toast and putting mildewy, stinky, nasty, groady shoes outside near mt isa.

    i bet it also took you back to the days when girls were gross and cubby houses were cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home