Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, December 24, 2007

Sunday - Electric Gypsyland 2

Sunday 23rd December
Bowen Bridge

25k 2:18:33 @ 5:32 HR 136 73% MaxHr

Week 100.8k
Month 287.8k
Year 3272k

I knew it was going to be a very humid run this morning when the alarm woke me at 4:00am and I had already been sweating in my sleep. I started out with the intention of just keeping it easy all the way. I actually felt better than I did on yesterday's run which was a relief. The thought of getting to over 100k for the week kept me going all the way to the end. I haven't run that far in a week since early March this year.

For today's album I return to the Womadelaide 2008 theme. One of the headline acts is Taraf de Haidouks from Romania.



The album is Electric Gypsyland 2. It is a mix of traditional Balkan music and modern electro dance music by a mix of bands and DJs. One of the bands is Taraf de Haidouks. A bonus second CD has the original songs. It is this CD that I played. It is all rollicking good fun and I do like a good fiddle.

I bought this one about three months ago from J&B HiFi, before I even knew the Womad lineup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home