Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, December 28, 2007

Festive Running

Tuesday 25th Ashgrove Cycle Path
15.3k 1:19:55 @ 5:13 HR 139 (75% MaxHr)

Wednesday 26th Gap Cycle path
11.0k 55:29 @ 5:02 HR 139 (75% MaxHr)

Thursday 27th Kelvin Grove Rd
20k 1:44:04 @ 5:12 HR 133 (71% MaxHr)

Friday 28th Gap Cycle Path
11k 54:29 @ 4:57 HR 140 (76% MaxHr)

Week 68.3k
Month 356.1k

Starting with Christmas Day it has been much milder and less humid this week. This has made for better running. I also feel I am very much in front of the recovery curve this week. The run this morning took me to 356k for the month so far which betters last month's PB. 400k is certainly achievable in the next three days. Today we head up to Caloundra for a week. The weather is not looking good for surfing but OK for running.

On the music front, I have been compiling my end of year CDs from my favourite albums. I will post on that when I get back. I also have done a clear out of my MP3 player and loaded lots of new listening albums on to it. This is what I have on there now which will be my soundtrack for running over the next couple of months.

Fulani Journey - Afrissippi
Aye Carumba - Ska Cubano
Una Sangre One Blood - Lila Downs
Plays Standards - Duke Ellington
In Rainbows - Radiohead
Young Moderns - Silverchair
Rekku Mi Rokka - Youssou N'Dour
The Crane Wife - Decemberists
La Radiolina - Manu Chao
Megamix Vol 1 - Lokassa & Soukous Stars

7 Comments:

  • At Fri Dec 28, 01:55:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    What a mix!

    I was running around your neck of the woods this morn (The Gap). Its so hilly!

     
  • At Sun Dec 30, 05:04:00 pm AEST, Blogger Peterhorse said…

    Great year of running RS! Some big months...you're so sensible with base building - bound ot bring big things next year. Happy new year mate.

     
  • At Tue Jan 01, 10:41:00 am AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    Happy New Year Robert Song.

    It seems that you are putting your leave to good use with all those K's you are clocking up. You must be feeling great.

     
  • At Sat Jan 05, 12:39:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Lots of good running for 2008, RS. That humidity would kill me for sure! Good for surfing but not for running!

     
  • At Sat Jan 05, 08:05:00 pm AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm stitching to the dandy warhols. can i be in your club?

    sometimes i do this. I don't remember songs though. i don't have your mind.
    or legs.
    or penchant for interpretive dance.

    i have no hope.

     
  • At Fri Jan 11, 07:21:00 pm AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mr Song, hope you had a good Christmas and New Year. Thought you may be interested in this upcoming Tivoli gig:

    SHARON JONES AND THE DAP-KINGS
    Friday, 7th of March, 2008
    Doors open at 7:30 PM
    Ticket Price: $60.60
    Rating: General Admission / Standing / Adults Only

    5 weeks down already!

     
  • At Wed Jan 16, 05:32:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    What's wrong Robert Song?

    Your blogging is long gone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home