Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, December 24, 2007

Monday - A night at Club Baobab

Monday 24th December
Gap Cycle
11k 57:41 @ 5:14 HR 138 (74% MaxHr)

Week 11k
Month 297.8k

After the showers yesterday, it was cooler and less humid this morning and a nice recovery run to start the week. I have set the goal to get to 400k this month which means another 100 plus week ahead of me.

Today's album is from Senegal's Orchestra Boabab A Night at Club Baobab.


It is a collection of their songs from the early seventies. Their album Pirate's Choice from 1982 is one of my all time favourite albums. The music here has more of the Cuban influence then their later work. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on their new release Made in Dakar but this will do in the mean time to put some historical perspective on a super band.

Here is a live version of a song from Pirate's Choice.


A Merry Xmas to you all and see you on the road in 08.

I hope Santa brings me some new music ;-)

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Dec 24, 06:44:00 pm AEST, Blogger Samurai Running said…

    Thanks for sharing that Robert song. It's wonderful music, i don'T know much but I liked that on first listen which is rare for me.

    Good luck with the high mileage, don't break.

    Merry christmas to you and your family. Hope you continue to blog into the new year.

     
  • At Wed Dec 26, 06:45:00 pm AEST, Blogger blues buffett said…

    Santa brought me The New Cool, with some decent new songs plus live versions of old hits like Bom Bom.

    400k? Wow! Happy New Year and good training...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home