Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, February 04, 2008

Hippy Hippy Shake

Since my last post, My Wife and I managed to get away for a short break at Caloundra. We went up Wednesday afternoon and came back Friday morning and we had a fantastic time. Got in a couple of swims in the surf, a game of tennis and a few nice walks.

Since then I am slowily cranking up the running again.

Friday 1st Feb
6.5k 32:53 @ 5:03 HR 141. My first run not in the morning since starting leave. Oh I do miss them but will probably continue with the mornings.

Sunday 3rd Feb
11.0k 57:06 @ 5:11 HR 141. Light rain the whole way.

Mon 4th Feb
6.5k 31:47 @ 4:53 HR 144. Steady rain the whole way.

After only having the pleasure of running in the rain once in a blue moon in the last three years, I have had seven rainy runs so far this year. Since Saturday, we have had 180 mm of rain in my rain gauge. I may even get some grass to grow in the backyard now in time for football season.

In my post on my favourite music from last year, I said of the Congolese group Les Quatre Etioles "Sagonini" that It is certainly one for the hips. '
At the time I was searching for some video of the group but couldn't locate any. I still haven't but I have found a clip that certainly expresses what I meant by that statement. Although by a Tanzanian Saida Korali, her music certainly captures all the hypontic qualities of the Congolese style and the video is all hippy hippy shake.

5 Comments:

  • At Mon Feb 04, 06:19:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Now this is really weird, Robert Song! I was reading your blog when the message thingy popped up to tell me you had left a comment on my blog! How's that for ESP or whatever they call it these days??

    Will you be doing the "Hippy Hippy Shake" in Canberra? You are going to be there aren't you?

     
  • At Tue Feb 05, 08:40:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Great clip! Thanks for posting.

    Pity the weather isn't like this all year round. Love it!

     
  • At Tue Feb 05, 08:43:00 am AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Looks like a new PB dance has been born!

    Feel free to send some rain my way - Adelaide has just recorded the driest January in 8 years. At least the washing dries in no time!

     
  • At Tue Feb 05, 03:09:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Thanks for sending us the edge of that Qld downpour :)

    I must send Plu your way - that dance might sort out his nagging groin/pubis problem.

     
  • At Tue Feb 05, 03:48:00 pm AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For goodness sake!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home