Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, December 24, 2007

Saturday - Duke Ellington Plays Standards

Saturday 22nd December
Gap Cycle Path
6.5k 34:26 @ 5:17 HR 134 (72% MaxHr)

Week Total 75.8k
Mth Total 262k

If you follow Mike and The Mystery Coach at Running With Lydiard you will be aware there has been some discussion of late about keeping ahead of the recovery curve. Today I felt the curve may have caught up with me. Saturday is normally a rest day for me but in order to get 100k for the week I need to do over 6k today and 25k tomorrow. Now 6k isn't too far and I did take it slow but it took quite a while to get going. Only time will tell if it was Madness to go One Step Beyond.



Today's new album is Duke Ellington Plays Standards. This is part of a This Is Jazz Series on Columbia records of which this is number 36.



I have no idea how many are in the series. I bought this (as well as three others in the series) a couple of years ago at Myers. As I recall they were very cheap at $8 each. I find it hard to go past a bargain which is one of the reasons I find myself with my music stockpile. Well playing this makes me realise what are bargain I got with this one. The music on this is just superb. The recordings sound great even those from the 30's and 40's. It opens with a great live version of Take the A train complete with a vocal scat by Ray Nance.

1 Comments:

  • At Fri Dec 28, 03:02:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    If one were on LSL, and one ran in the mornings, wouldn't one have the rest of the day to keep up with the recovery curve?

    Why not push the boundaries a bit? 20k/day 140k+ per week Eagle-style training? Perhaps there's a sub-3 in you for Gold Coast?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home