Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wednesday One Blood

Wednesday 19th December
To Kelvin Grove Rd
20k 1:46:22 @ 5:19 HR 137 74% MaxHR

Week Total: 43k
Mth Total: 3214k

Another relatively cool morning at least for this time of year. I hope to get to the point where I am capable of doing a couple of these a week. This course takes me along the cycle path towards town. The turn around point is at Kelvin Grove Road. For my Sunday 25k runs I continue on to Bowen Bridge Road. Parts of this course can certainly be called hilly. Overall it is down hill going out and uphill coming back, so I generally get a rise in Heart Rate in the second half.

All the courses I will be running from home over the coming months are hillier than those I have been used to along the river. I am hoping this will be the secret ingredient that will boost my performance come July. (As opposed to Scott's singing/showering secret).


Today's Album is One Blood: Una Sangre by Mexican Lila Downs (2004). I bought this one at Womadelaide in March this year along with Border La Linea (2001) . You may notice on the cover it has been personally signed by Lila to me. Two of her albums were amongst my favourites from last year, and this certainly has all the qualities I enjoyed on those releases. The big voice, the passion, the humour. One song La Cucaracha bought back wonderful memories of her first night Womadelaide performance where she engaged in an erotic duel with her harp player's harp. Another keeper and another I just want to play again.

3 Comments:

  • At Wed Dec 19, 02:56:00 pm AEST, Blogger Samurai Running said…

    Hey Robert Song; It's been too long!

    Good to see you still on track with your running.

    Call me old fashioned but I don't mind the occasional "Erotic Duel."

    Appreciate the music tips as I could always use the insipration

     
  • At Thu Dec 20, 09:15:00 am AEST, Blogger Peterhorse said…

    Good to see you've joined the morning crew! Have a great Christmas. Great to catch up at the CR drinks. Looking forward to watching your progression to July!

     
  • At Thu Dec 20, 07:13:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Down here we've been enjoying the same coolness in the afternoons this past month.

    Scott's training secret sounds easier to me; but perhaps more painful - especially the shrinkage part.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home