Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Just three weeks to go now

Week 10 - 16 Sept
Monday 6.8k 37:34 @ 5:31 HR 131 70% MaxHR
Tuesday 9.5k 47:12 @ 4:48 HR 144 77% %MaxHR
Wednesday 14.5k 1:12:25 @ 4:59 HR 141 76% MaxHR
Thursday 9.5k 48:48 @ 5:08 HR 133 71% MaxHR
Friday 14.5k 1:11:29 @ 4:55 HR 144 77% MaxHR
Saturday Rest Day
Sunday 31.5k 2:50:36 @ 5:25 HR 144 77 %MaxHR

Week: 86.3K
Sept: 152.8K
YTD: 2,292K

It took me a few days to get over last Sundays Long run. So even though I was still a bit sore on Tuesday night, I still managed a respectable effort over my hilly Waterworks Road run. The rest of the week went well after that.

Todays long run felt much better than last week and was 3:30 mins faster. This was despite it being much hotter today. Started out at 18C at 6:00 am and it climbed to 24C by the end. Looks like it could be a short spring. I'm already missing the lovely winter running weather. I turned my music player to shuffle today which made a pleasing change. The standout tracks were from was a recent addition to my player, Teddy Thompson's Upfront and Down Low.

8 Comments:

  • At Mon Sept 17, 09:14:00 am AEST, Blogger Peterhorse said…

    Hey Graham. Good consistent months there, looking good for Melb. What's your view on speed sessions - i notice even in the last 6-8 weeks before and event, you mainly do 70-77% max running? Do you believe the lead up races are sufficient?

     
  • At Mon Sept 17, 05:57:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Only 3 weeks until Melbourne.... no wonder I feel so unprepared! Oh well, it'll still be fun.

    Sounds like you are getting back on track after being sick. Hope the next couple of weeks are kind to you as well!

    Might run into you in Melbourne.

     
  • At Mon Sept 17, 09:09:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    You have put in some good solid work, building on your Gold Coast prep. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how well you perform in Melbourne.

     
  • At Mon Sept 17, 10:34:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    I just typed in a big comment and then got booted ... man, this dial up is giving me the willies!

    Great week of training there. Hope the weather gods are smiling on us on October 7th, though being Melbourne I wouldn't count on it.

    The drums - last week I used a djembe (goblet shaped) though the week before it was one that was a little wider in the middle than the top. I prefer the djembe because it makes more noise :-) In the classes we just learn a basic beat and then jam for a while, then learn another one and then jam, and so on. Its so much fun, and kind of relaxing. Though my hands end up sore by the end of the lesson.

     
  • At Tue Sept 18, 03:13:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Yes, not long to go. I'm tempted by the one week taper too. Actually, now I'm into Hadd, I'm not liking the idea of tapering at all.

    I'll address your suggestion of a target race in my next blog.

    We're still getting a bit of winter down here - I was running in long pants, jacket and gloves last night.

     
  • At Fri Sept 21, 04:13:00 pm AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    if memory serves me right, a few of those sub 4:50's are about to be posted

     
  • At Fri Sept 28, 06:34:00 am AEST, Blogger blues buffett said…

    Sounds like it's all coming together. Good luck and enjoy it too...
    Don't forget the new Springsteen album next week...

     
  • At Tue Oct 02, 07:04:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    All the best Robert Song. I am sure you will reap the rewards of all your efforts and be truly encouraged as you head for your goal marathon next year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home