Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Week 20 - 26 th August
Monday Still recovering
Tuesday 4.0k 50:00 Walking
Wednesday 6.5k 31:48 @ 4:53 HR 141 76% MaxHr
Thursday 6.8k 33:24 @ 4:54 HR 136 73% MaxHR
Friday 9.5k 47:25 @ 4:59 HR 139 75% MaxHR
Saturday Rest Day
Sunday 11.0k 53:53 @ 4:53 HR 147 79%MaxHr

Week: 37.8K
August: 217K
YTD: 2,073K

I was still feeling the effects of my cold at the beginning of the week. I travelled down to Muswellbrook in the Upper Hunter Valley on Monday. Tuesday night, I didn't feel up to a run but just felt I had to do something so walked for 50 minutes around the streets of Muswellbrook. Pity I wasn't aware of the Steely Dan reference to this fine country town in "Black Friday" (as pointed out by BluesBuffet), otherwise I would have loaded that song up to listen to as exercised. I did a lot of driving on this trip and I was very impressed with the sound system in the rental car. Nothing like cruising along the highway with some good loud music playing. I especially enjoyed Virunga Volcano by Samba Mapangala and Highlife Safari by Eric Agyeman

I arrived back in Brisbane late Wednesday afternoon and went out for a run when I got home.

Thursday night's run was just going to be 6.5k up to New Farm Park from work but the heavy rain was accompanied by a fierce headwind going towards the city making for a tough and chilly out leg. Much nicer coming back with the wind behind you though. On Friday it was similar again, windy and raining . Not the ideal conditions when trying to recover from a cold.

I must say it is taking me way longer then I want to fully shake off this cold. Today I only did 11k. I just feel if I push the distance too far I might regret it.

Hopefully I can build up to a long run next weekend.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home