Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday - MP ?

14.5k 1:08:24. HR Avg 150 Max 162 Avg Pace 4:43
Course: Work to Riverside and Back.
Start Time: 5:50 pm Temp 26C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run

Pulled up OK from last night quality session and I don't seem to be coming down with a cold either.

Another steamy night. How long can this continue for?

Kept a nice steady pace all the way. Out in 34:06 (144) and Back in 34:18 (156). This pace is very much looking to be around where my MP in Canberra could be.

A work mate has been raving about Nick Cave's new album Grinderman, so I thought I would load it up a give it a listen tonight. Rough, loud and noisy and even funny at times. Reminds me of of The Birthday Party. I'll certainly be listening to it again but not in front of the kids.

4 Comments:

  • At Sat Mar 24, 10:50:00 am AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    You are so far ahead getting your MP sorted already .... is this the way to do it? .... run at 80% HR and lock it in?

     
  • At Sat Mar 24, 12:10:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Everything is coming together perfectly.

    The best thing is you are doing those times now, imagine how good you will be when the humidity dies down. I guess this is our punishment for a 'not as hot as usual' summer.

    Will you be doing something at the 7-35k self select at BRRC next Sunday? I want to, but not sure what distance or how fast etc.

     
  • At Sun Mar 25, 01:14:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    Things are really looking good for you Robert Song. That pace will bring you in in a very good time. Great work.

     
  • At Mon Mar 26, 09:31:00 am AEST, Blogger Peterhorse said…

    I'll back you for 10bpm less for the same pace when it gets cooler - your body will be able to work more on delivering Oxygen than trying to cool itself. Looking really good!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home