Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Friday - decisions

9.5k 48:33. HR Avg ? Max ? Avg Pace 5:06
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 5:45 pm Temp 25C.
Session Type: Recovery Run

Just an easy recovery run after the quality session last night. I left my heart monitor strap at home so had no record of my rate. These recovery runs are the ones which I pay closest attention to my heart rate. I find it essential to ensure that I don't push it too hard and keep the hard rate down. But I think I managed to keep it nice and easy without it all the same.

All five runs this week have been done on different course. This is certainly a rarity for me. I find a certain comfort in doing the same courses all time and never find it monotonous.

Sunday is the BRRC Half Marathon Champs which I will run. I am still undecided on my tactics. Have to decide on racing it or using it more as a quickish training run. The racing option has the disadvantage that I would need to back off quality sessions for at least next week and with only a four weeks till Canberra I don't know if I can afford that. The advantage is that by racing I would get a top quality session and a good indicator of fitness and potential time for Canberra.

The weather in the morning may make the final decision for me. It would be stupid to race flat out in too hot and humid conditions at this stage of the campaign.

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Mar 17, 05:12:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    You have had a good week Robert Song. Whatever you decide re tactics tomorrow you will enjoy it.

    I would dearly love to be doing the half tomorrow but after my bout of illness this week I dare not get involved in a race.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home