Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Wednesday Riverside Run

14.9k 1:12:10. HR Avg 153 Max 161
Course: Work to Riverside Centre and Back.
Start Time: 4:40pm Temp 21C.
Session Type: Sub-Lactate Easy Run

Music: Started with "Sahara" by Taj Mahal & Toumani Diabete.
Finished on "Mercy" by Pavlov's Dog.

Was all geared up for an easy run tonight ie sub HR 135. Had packed my older shoes.
I usually have two pair of shoes on the go at one time. An older pair and a newer pair. I will generally do harder runs and long runs in the new pair and easy runs in the old pair.

Started out with Gary and Oli from work who were only going out to the 3.5k turn around point and coming back. They went out a bit faster than I was planning, so I was up to HR 160 by the time they had turned back. I tried to slow down but kept around the HR155 mark for the rest of the run. So it end up being pretty much the same time as Monday night just a little faster going out and a little slower coming back (35:03 Avg Hr 151;37:07 AvgHR 155 ).

It was also warmer tonight than it has been for a long time. Hope Summer is not coming early.

3 Comments:

  • At Wed Sept 14, 10:46:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    It's bloody freezing down here! I wish summer would come early.

    Yes, I am proud of the girl. She does have some serious speed which is exciting. We're looking for a track.

     
  • At Thu Sept 15, 07:30:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Bex? Some years ago Jim wrote the music for a show in Sydney called "A Cup of Tea, a Bex and a Good Lie Down"....hence the reference!!

    As Ewen noted, it's back to winter in these parts!!

     
  • At Thu Sept 15, 10:03:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Never too sure where to write answers, Robert S, so I've answered here & on my blog!

    The phrase 'A Cup of Tea, a Bex & a Good Lie Down" was the title of the show & then became the title of the song. The lyrics came first & then Jim put them to music!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home