Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, September 12, 2005

Monday Sub-Lactate Easy Run

14.9k 1:12:11. HR Avg 152 Max 160 Avg PAce 4:50
Course: Work to Riverside Centre and Back.
Start Time: 5:10 pm Temp 20C Windy.
Session Type: Sub-Lactate Easy Run

Tonight is what I am calling a sub-Lactate easy run. The aim is to keep the heart rate below the Lactate Threshold Level, so I am aiming at around a 155 HR average. I will be doing this type of run a least once or twice a week from now on.

It was very windy tonight and at times it was a struggle into the wind. But as the course meanders along by the river, it changed from head wind to tail wind quite regularly. Out in 35:35 (AvgHR 149) and back in 36:36 (AvgHR 155). So once I got upto being consistently over 150 HR after 20 minutes, I was able to keep a fairly even pace without the HR drifting up. This indicates that I am running under my Lactate Level.

I have included the uploaded run from my Polar watch. The red line is HR and the blue is pace. The stop at the turn around is my water break.



It is lunchtime on the final day of the Fifth Ashes Test, and play is just about to restart so gotta go. Could be a late night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home