Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Rest Day

Rest day.

I am changing some of the tracks on my music player tonight. (It doesn't seems right calling it an MP3 player when 99% of what I put on there are WMA files).

Two songs I replaced I want to single out for special mention. They both have been on the player since I first got it so have had an extended run.

"Kawa to Bere" by Nigerian super star King Sunny Ade from his 1998 album Odu. This track always made we want to whistle along to it when I heard it. Quite tricky whistling when running.

"Gasoline Alley" by Rod Stewart from his 1970 album of the same name which never failed to make me want to sing along with the chorus. On many occasions after checking that no one was close by, I did sing out aloud with Rod.

2 Comments:

  • At Fri Sept 23, 07:51:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Ha ha, I find myself doing the same thing. I remember running through Centennial Park during the Sydney Marathon this year and whistling along with the song on my iPod - Walk Like An Egyptian.

    Better than doing the funny walk I guess :-)

     
  • At Fri Sept 23, 04:04:00 pm AEST, Blogger CJ said…

    Getting back to that snake - reminds me of the time we had a huge snake making a beeline for the dog kennel on Christmas Day. Our dog has had pups a couple of days previously and our youngest son (who was about 3 at the time) was heading over to have a look at the pups. Mr CJ luckily saw what was happening and managed to move our son out of the way and kill the snake, but it was a close shave. It was a huge tiger snake.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home