Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, September 16, 2005

Friday Long Run

28.0k 2:40:12. HR Avg 145 Max 162 Avg Pace 5:44
Course: Home Along Cycle Path (x2) then to End of Ashgrove Av and Back.
Start Time: 5:10 pm Temp 20C.
Session Type: Long Run

Music Started with "No Aphrodisiac" by The Whitlams
Ended on "Between the Bars" by Elliot Smith.

Got changed into my running gear at work and went to put my shoes on to only discover I had two left shoes. So had to abandon my run from work and drive home to get the "right" right shoe.

The weather was looking a bit wild and there appeared to be a huge storm rolling in from the west. So decided to do a couple of the 7k loops along the cycle track to start with and keep close to home in case of a major downpour.

It was very humid but I was taking it fairly easy. The light was fading rapidly on the return journey of the second loop and there are no lights along this section of the cycle path. But in amongst the bushes by the side of the track was a wonderful display of fire flies glowing like endless strings of fairy lights for quite a distance.

At about 60m from home, I turned into the street at the bottom of the hill up to my place and suprised a 2 meter python that was on the road. He arched his head up quite a way as I gave him a wide berth. A couple of weeks ago, this same snake ventured up on to our verandah one afternoon.

By this stage the clouds had rolled on, helped by the wind that was now picking up. So I decided that the 14k out to the end of Ashgrove Av was doable. This is a hilly course and though I was taking it easy, my legs felt better at the end than they did on my shorter and flatter long run last week. It must be 12 years since I've run this far. 30k here I come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home