Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

10 9 8 but not at 7 6 5

I just couldn't let the 10th of September 2008 go by without a post. Pity I wasn't out of bed at 6 minutes and 5 seconds past 7 this morning.
Tonight I ran to the point where the boardwalk is closed. I measured it as just slightly under 13k which I did in 64:48 (HR 142 4:59 pace). So it cuts about 1.5k off the legth of the normal run. Will have to find another 2k somewhere to make it a nice even 15k in the future.

I have been posting infrequently lately for many reasons. One of which is, I have been having too much fun making alternating music mixes with Johnny Dark. It goes like this. He sends me a song. I listen. Become inspired. Select a song and send it back to him. He does the same at his end. This continues until we reach the 80 minute CD length. Sometimes inspiration is instant but on other occasions I spend many hours trawling through my album collection looking for that perfect selection.

We are just about to finish our third.

If you are interested the first two can be downloaded .


Yes ! We have no bananas! As you know, a lack of bananas can lead to the blues.



The Blissful World of Denial An uplifting selection of sounds from banana growing countries.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home