Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, July 04, 2008

The Trainings All Done

Mon 30th 6.5k 34:55 (5:08 ) No Hr data.
Recovery Run.

Tues 1st Rest

Wed 2nd 14.5k 1:04:24 (4:26 HR 154)
A solid upper aerobic run. I was a bit twitchy on this run. It was this session the Wednesday before Canberra in 2007 that I injured my left leg and had to hobble back to work. No such problem though tonight.

Thu 3rd Rest

Fri 6.5k 29:25 (4:31 HR 151)
An easy run from home this morning to just keep the legs ticking over. Can't stand too much tapering.

Those two last runs while I am happy with the times and pace I am a bit concerned about the Heart Rates. They are about 4 or 5 beats higher than I would have expected especially given I have been tapering. I suspect if I hadn't forgotten my HR strap for Monday's run it would have shown similar results. I suppose I am still fighting the low grade virus I had last week. Luckily I don't feel like I'm going down hill with anything and I have two days rest now.

I have decided on my race strategy and I will start out at 4:30 pace. If I am strong and can keep that up all the way, it will get me under 3:10. If I was to make a prediction at this point , I would say there will be a little fade towards the end and I'll finish in 3:12.xx. More than happy to be proven wrong though .

I have one disappointment with the event. My eldest sister is doing her 20th GC Half Marathon but the presentations will be done at 9:30am so I will be still out on the course at that time and won't be able to see her getting recognised for what is a great running achievement.

Best of luck to all the other runners.
See you out on the road.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home