Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Music for the Road to Gold Coast

After loading up the music player with loads of old favourites for the Canberra marathon, it was time to clean out the play list and load up lots of new stuff. I really lifts my running when I have new music to listen to.

A few albums that have been on since Christmas managed to escape the cull as I still feel they had more to offer. These were In Rainbows, Fulani Journey and Ruke. All the others are "new".

I also loaded a mix of calypso tunes recommended by Johnny Dark that can be downloaded from here.

This is what is on there at the moment and more or less will be the soundtrack for my campaign for the Gold Coast..




Fulani Journey - Afrissippi (Senegal/USA 2006)










Dirt Farmer - Levon Helm (USA 2007)

Hello Hello - Mose Fan Fan (Dem. Rep. Congo 1995)


In Rainbows - Radiohead (UK 2007)




Ruke - Darko Rundek & Cargo Orkestar (Croatia 2002)




Belle Epoque Vol 1 : Soundiata - Rail Band (Mali )








Sip 'n' Fly - African Jazz Pioneers (South Africa 1993 )








Studio One Soul 2 - Various Artists (Jamaica)








Ni Kanu - Kante Manfila (Guinea 1995)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home