Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Weep you no more sad fountains , what need you flow so fast?

14.6k 1:18:49. HR Avg 144 Max 154 Avg Pace 5:23
Course: Work to Riverside and Back.
Start Time: 5:25 pm Temp 27C.
Session Type: Easy Run


Once again it was humid tonight. I'm sure now this is the reason for the Heart Rate being so much higher than expected. We should have savoured that "cool"weather before Christmas more while we could. Out in 38:22 (141) and back in 40:27 (146). Normally on this run, the turn around point is at the ferry station at Riverside and I stop and have a drink from the water fountain there. I was sweating profusely tonight and was really hanging out for that drink. To my horror when I got there, there were construction barriers erected around the area and no access to the fountain. And it was one of the few drink stops that could be relied on to have half decent pressure. Now gone!

3 Comments:

  • At Wed Jan 24, 08:20:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    There's a good tap under that building where the walkway starts (the Admiralty Towers end), about 20 meters up the hill. Somebody showed me another secret one up the stairs at Riverside but stuffed if I've been able to find it lately.

     
  • At Wed Jan 24, 09:05:00 am AEST, Blogger Mat said…

    Got caught by the same thing yesterday. I was hanging out for a water stop when I got there and theres a darn fence around the whole thing. Arh! Still its not too far to taps/fountains on either end of the Eagle St pier.

    Nice run in such hot conditions!

     
  • At Wed Jan 24, 03:32:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    That is sad!

    We have a good one at the Carillon - about half way round our run tonight :) Warm here too, but 30 seems cool when you've had some 38s.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home