Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, December 24, 2009

All I Want For Xmas Is ...

In the the last two and half weeks I have slowily been regaining some aerobic fitness.  From running 7:15 pace for 5k I can now manage to sneak under 6:00 minnute pace. But it still taking a maximum effort to do that. Mostly I run one day and do a walk, swim or gym bike on the next.

I had a few days in a row this week where my feet and ankles didn't swell up which I got excited about but they puffed up last night and are still that way today. So in terms of recovery of my peripheral neuropathy it is three steps forward and two back.

After Xmas we are off to the beach at Caloundra for two weeks.

May you all have yourself a merry Christmas and I am hoping to run into on the roads in the New Year.

7 Comments:

  • At Fri Dec 25, 10:00:00 am AEST, Blogger Samurai Running said…

    Well at least your feet are not permanently puffy. There is hope that soon enough they will go down and stay down.

    But you my friend will not stay down for long. 2010 is going to be infinitely better!

    All the best to you and your family Robert Song.

     
  • At Fri Dec 25, 10:01:00 am AEST, Blogger Samurai Running said…

    By the way isn't that song a cover from the children's singer "Raffi."

    I like it!

     
  • At Tue Dec 29, 05:09:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    I am glad you could report on some improvement Graham. Thank you for your Christmas wishes. I hope you and the family are enjoying Caloundra. I ti my favourite part of the world.

    Happy New Year!

     
  • At Thu Dec 31, 02:55:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    That's my kind of Christmas party! I hope it was a good one, and that you and the family enjoy the break at Caloundra.

    If you're racing at GC, I'll catch you there. Don't get too fast though, I'd like to notch up a 'win' before you dispatch me to my usual position... in your dust ;)

     
  • At Fri Jan 01, 06:34:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Graham, I wish you every best thing for 2010...4 steps forward to start with! Have a lovely holiday at Caloundra and I hope to see you on the roads sometime during this New Year. LL

     
  • At Mon Jan 04, 03:22:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    That's some pretty dramatic improvement Graham, even though it must feel extremely frustrating!

    I'm just happy to hear it's 3 steps forward and only 2 back - I'll be wishing for 4 forward and 1 back for the new year!

     
  • At Fri Jan 15, 06:46:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Always thinking & wondering how you're doing, Graham. I'm counting on 2010 to get you well & truly well again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home