Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, February 16, 2009

Jive Talking

It has been two weeks since my last post.

The previous week end, I had a very late night on the Saturday because it was my eldest daughter's 18th Birthday Party and even though I had scheduled my run for Sunday evening when the time came I had a headache and didn't go for the run. So only 71.5k that week.

The next day it was a stinking hot day and I gave the run a miss. But the rest of the week was very solid including a 89:43 18k at around 75% Max Heart Rate. All up 87k for the week.

Tonight I was doing a recovery run and bumped into Julez on the Teneriffe Reach and ran with her and her friend for a few Ks and had a pleasant chat about music. For once I could test out my pacing for a recovery run by using the "Can You Talk Easily" indicator. I think I passed .

5 Comments:

  • At Tue Feb 17, 11:28:00 am AEST, Blogger Samurai Running said…

    Your opening sounds like an introduction to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, change "last post" to last drink.

    By the way I tried to download your music, twice, but couldn't do it. Do I have to pay for it to work? I don't really mind athough I am tighter than Ewen's hamstrings.

    What kind of goal time are you looking to do at the GCM?

     
  • At Tue Feb 17, 12:10:00 pm AEST, Blogger Clairie said…

    When I was first coming back to running from having a baby I could not talk and run and I really really noticed it! It was like being anti-social. I had to tell people: I'll listen but I can't chat.

    Now I know I am much fitter...not that I have any speed back but at least I am now able to hold my own in the conversation and even tell jokes or laugh about the current state of affairs amongst our pollies!!

     
  • At Tue Feb 17, 01:10:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    I don't get a chance to trial the chat test. I can't get a word in with my running buddy.

     
  • At Tue Feb 17, 02:11:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    I'm the strong and silent type, so the talk test doesn't work.

    That's a shame Scott. The Tower Of Robert Song is the best album I've never bought. Listening to it right now!

    Good 18ker - a little quicker than Rob's 30k, but he was at 99% MHR trying to keep up with Tigger.

     
  • At Wed Feb 18, 12:30:00 pm AEST, Blogger Eagle said…

    Good to see you are psoting and back running. Music mixes with JD? In iur many drives to races he has never disclosed this side of him. I must find out more...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home