Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Gold Coast Marathon Week end

Back from a great three day weekend on the Gold Coast.  So many highlights.

I ran the Half in 89:15. This year my goal was no running goals, so I had not targeted this as a race and so only eased up slightly last week in my training. Even ran to work on Friday which was 14.5k . Still I thought I was certainly in the sort of shape to run around 91 minutes. I am a bit astounded to have gotten 45 seconds under 90 minutes.

But what really made the weekend memorable was being part of so many other's runs. These are people I have shared training runs, coffee and Saturday breakfast with for the last seven months and it was so satisfying being part of their races and celbrating together over the weekend. And boy some of them celebrate as hard as they run.


I think this picture put together by Claire says it all.

Enjoy your running, enjoy your life.

5 Comments:

  • At Wed July 06, 08:09:00 pm AEST, Blogger plu said…

    Top Effort

     
  • At Tue July 12, 05:01:00 pm AEST, Blogger Clairie said…

    Why am I only now just seeing this!!!!

    Great weekend Graham and a top top run by yourself. I can't believe I am running in training with someone so fast! I feel like an imposter now :)

    I love the weekends where we hang around and celebrate the run and after all the running...we talk about the running...and laugh about the running. Thats what we runners love to do.

    I laugh at your comment about celebrating as hard as they run...Tesso's face comes to mind ha ha ha

    Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve when you WANT to run hard for a race!!

     
  • At Wed Sept 21, 07:07:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Great run, great photo!

    Congratulations and I hope you continue to see more wonderful results in the future.

     
  • At Tue Jan 31, 08:48:00 am AEST, Blogger Samurai Running said…

    A bit late but that is a fantastic shot, you all look very fit! And a great half time. What is the plan for 2012 running wise, any races planned?

    When are you coming to Japan to run one?

     
  • At Wed July 18, 01:13:00 pm AEST, Blogger Clairie said…

    Cmon Graham can you please start blogging your journey to New York Marathon? I would love to follow how you train/sleep/eat/ I find it all fascinating when I am doing the same event and love to compare what I am doing to others. Though I won't be at your standard it is great to see what works for some.

    so Blog!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home