Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Delta

Delta is my third child and is 10 years old. She has two older sisters Ducky (14 yo) and Dory (12) and a younger brother Kewell (7).

She has decided this year to train for her school cross country which is a 2k run and is held in early May. The goal is to place in the first three and be eligible to compete in the District Championship.

She started at Xmas time with walking and has built up to four runs a week varing from 3 to 5k. In a few weeks time she will start doing some hill work and repetitions.

I accompany her on most of these runs. I have structured my training so these runs with her are on my easy days.

I did the same thing with Ducky a few years ago but that's another story that I may get into sometime in the future.

She is a strange running partner. Rarely runs beside me. Likes to tuck in about 5 meters behind and no matter how slow I go she never catches up. Will only speak if spoken too.

Delta is left handed , and I remember seeing an article many years ago, that claimed that left handed, third children with younger siblings had a significantly greater chance of being a world record holder than other people. Go Delta!

Previous Goals
To motivate her, I offer rewards for training goals reached. Her last goal reached was to run a certain course three times in a row under 21:30 for which she received a CD (Joss Stone).

Current Goal
Her current Goal is to do 14 out of 16 of her set training runs in a four week period. Her reward if she does this is The Sims2 University Expansion Pack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home